Week 2 Assignment CSR Review Paper
Combat stress reactions are complex in nature and serve various functions on the battlefield. Understanding the role CSRs have in combat and the variance in acute versus chronic effects of responses associated to CSRs is critical in the study of psychology of combat. In a 5 to 6-page paper, discuss combat stress reactions and the related disorders based upon the course materials reviewed, including each of the following areas.
- Explain the concept of combat stress reactions.
- Include a discussion outlining the definition of combat stress reactions as understood and accepted in the field of military psychology.
- Examine the ways in which combat stress reactions affect service members’ immediate responses during combat.
- Additionally, discuss the potential long-term effects of combat stress reactions if left unresolved.
- Explain if, and how these reactions relate to PTSD and other trauma and stress related disorders.
- Briefly discuss the prevalence of combat stress reactions in comparison to the rate of PTSD and other stress disorders among combat service members and veterans.
Include the minimum formatting standards identified below.
Format the 5 to 6-page paper in APA style; the minimum page count does not include the required APA formatted title page, in-text citations, and reference page. Include references to aminimum of two (2) scholarly sources in the paper.
|Review of Topic
50 points possible
|Student provides a thorough review of the assigned topic, addressing each component of the topic with detailed descriptions.||Student provides a review of the assigned topic; details to the specific components of the topic may be lacking.||Student provides a marginal review of the assigned topic; significant details are lacking.||Work does not address the appropriate topic.|
20 possible points
|Course materials and other scholarly sources are used to support assertions.||Course materials are used to support some assertions in the work.||Assertions in the work are not supported by evidence.||Work is based upon opinion only.|
15 possible points
|Work is presented in a logical and coherent way. Writing is clear, articulate, and error free.||Work is grammatically sound with a few minor errors.||Work contains frequent grammatical errors.||Significant grammatical errors within the work severely affect the readability.|
15 possible points
|APA formatting is complete, with all required paper elements accurately noted.||APA formatting is complete with some minor errors.||Work contains incomplete and inaccurate APA formatting.||Work contains no formatting.|
100 possible points