A. Describe the central focus and the essential literacy strategy for comprehending OR composing text you will teach in the learning segment.
B. Given the central focus, describe how the standards and learning objectives within your learning segment address the essential literacy strategy related skills that support use of the strategy reading/writing connections.
C. Explain how your plans build on each other to help students make connections between the essential literacy strategy to comprehend OR compose text and related skills that support use of the strategy in meaningful contexts.
My topic is weather.
Unit: Language literacy
• Underline important sentence and repetitive words.
• main idea and support details
• write a response.
CCSS ELA Literacy. CCR R.1 close reading to determine the comprehension of the reading.\
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.3.1 Ask and answer questions to demonstrate understanding of a text, referring explicitly to the text as the basis for the answers.
W.3.2 Write informative/ explanatory texts to examine a topic and convey ideas and information clearly.
• Students will apply strategies such as underlining and repetitive words when carefully reading the weather reading. The students will successfully apply strategies such as underlining and noticing repetitive words when closely reading the Weather.
• The students will be able analyze the text and construct a response base in evidence for the text.
• Students will be able to use key details, such as questions and answers to complete the graphic organizer, at the same time students will be able to identify the main idea.
It will development those specific components during the middle of the lesson
when the student is going to write a response from the text.
The students will use the writing strategies to help to write their response from the text.
The teacher will use the smart board in class to present The Weather Passage by Brenda Hochstetler from the website.
The teacher will provide a graphic. Weather cards with images about the weather by Brenda Hochstetler so that the students will be able to recognize the types of weather through pictures and connect them to the reading.
This lesson will focus on the central idea reading and understanding facts and information from the text. the text. The reading tasks allow the students to summarize principal points as well as show and outline the supporting ideas that affirm the assertions of the key ideas. The teacher can choice both fiction and nonfiction texts to help the students achieve this standard.
Rubric 1: Planning for Literacy Learning
How do the candidate’s plans build students’ understanding of an essential literacy strategy for comprehending OR composing text and the skills that support that strategy?
• Level 4 plus: Candidate’s plans build an authentic connection between reading and writing. Candidate explains how s/he will use learning tasks and materials to lead students to independently apply the essential literacy strategy AND related skills.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more