Assessment Brief (Individual Assessment): Developing Consumer Analysis Report & Design of Direct Response Offer
Note: The organisational details used in this assessment have been sourced (and to some extent paraphrased) from the organisation’s website and other relevant documents of the organisation. The information used here is solely for educational purpose.
Foxtel is one of Australia’s most progressive and dynamic media companies, bringing the best live sport, new movies, new shows and complete seasons, live and on demand anytime, anywhere. Foxtel directly employs more than 2,800 people, and delivering a diverse subscription television service to both regional and metropolitan areas over cable, satellite and broadband distribution.
The organisation claims that it has effortlessly connected Australians to all the stories it loves by offering a better entertainment experience every day to each one of its 2.8 million subscribing homes through delivery of exclusive and inspiring programming across all genres, the world’s most popular channel brands, and investment in high quality local content.
As constant champions of innovation as they have claimed, the organisation has brought its customers:
- The iQ3 personal video recorder offering effortless access to the best shows, movies, live sport and entertainment
- Australia’s largest HD channel offering, with 48 dedicated channels
- Television, broadband and home phone bundles with Foxtel internet and voice services delivered over Australia’s largest telecommunications network
- Live and catch up TV on your tablet or other mobile device with the Foxtel app
- Flexible, low cost access to stream Foxtel anywhere with our internet TV service Foxtel Now
- A constantly growing library of TV and movie hits to stream, On Demand, available as part of a Foxtel subscription Australia.
Foxtel is owned by Telstra Corporation Ltd (50%) and The News Corporation Ltd (50%).
Products and Services:
To get an idea about the types of products and services the business offers, visit the link: https://www.foxtel.com.au
CONTEXT, PROBLEM SCENARIO & REQUIREMENTS:
You are appointed as a Marketing Communication Manager for Foxtel. Your responsibility is to analyse consumer behaviour and develop marketing communication strategies that will influence consumer to use Foxtel channel packs. You will also need to design appropriate offers for the right target market which can meet your marketing objectives. To complete this task you will need to acquire some organisational information to conduct some analysis for both understanding consumer behaviour and type of product offered by the business. You will find some organisational information above in the given case.
You are also expected to do your own external secondary research for the purpose of analysis as you will need to conduct research to identify the environment, competitors, customer groups, and various other stakeholders. Your task is to research the external environment of the organisation and demonstrate knowledge about relevant industry, product or service based on the information that you have identified during your research.
You will be required to use the template/structure as provided below. Marking criteria and weights for each section are also provided within the structure.
Structure, Template and Marking Criteria for the Consumer Analysis Report & Design of Direct Response Offer:
Introduction ( 5 marks)
- Industry and Consumer Behaviour Analysis (10 marks)
- Marketing Objectives ( 10 marks)
- The Marketing Strategies (15 marks)
- product strategies
- price strategies
- promotion strategies
- distribution strategies
- Marketing Core Concepts (15 marks)
- Communication channels and platforms (10 marks)
- Design direct response offers ( 12 marks)
- Evaluate the offers ( 10 marks)
- Design customer feedback process ( 12 marks)
- Appendix and Reference ( 1 marks)
Your introduction should include:
Discussion about the range of product/service that the business offer and the specific product/ service you have selected for designing direct response offer.
INDUSTRY and CONSUMER BEHAVIOUR ANALYSIS
The situation analysis needs to set the context for the plan. It should include an analysis of the micro (internal) and macro (external) environment. Address each of the following:
- Who are the competitors
- Product and services offered by competitors
- Analyse consumer behaviour ( what is people attitude and willingness to pay towards such product/service)
- Where possible use qualitative and quantitative data to support your analysis (prepare questioners and do survey to analyse consumer behaviour)
- Use images, charts and graphs to illustrate your findings ( attach survey data)
Discuss your aim and objectives such as; gaining more market share, increasing subscribers, profit or revenue maximisation, introducing new product/service offer to influence customer retention, etc.
THE MARKETING STRATEGIES
The Strategies should address the 4Ps. Talk about your product and unique ness of product. Mention your pricing strategy and factors that affect the pricing of offers.
Marketing Core Concepts
Discuss the core marketing concepts such as your target markets (who are the potential customers and discuss the demographic factors such as age, gender, income group and location), market segmentation (segmenting the market such as focusing on entertainment sector or sports sector, etc.) value and satisfaction (such has what advantages would customers get by using your product/service and how is it different from competitor’s product/service or value)Communication Channels and Platforms
Mention what sort of platforms would you chose for your communication (such as; digital media, mass media, etc.) Mention few of the current digital channels and compare their cost and effectiveness.
Design Direct Response Offer
Design the right range of offers for the right audience which will influence their decision making process and will meet your marketing objectives which you have mentioned above. Relate how the offers will increase the chances of reaching your marketing objectives.
Evaluate the offers
Discuss the effectiveness of the offer and how will you monitor the response of the customer after the offer. What methods and digital platforms will you use to monitor response? Discuss usage of a range of office equipment (telephones, internet) and software (databases) to evaluate the response and redesign the offers
Design Customer Feedback Processes
- Design a customer feedback form below with the relevant questions.
- List the vehicles/methods for gathering customer feedback.
Discuss how you can improve customer service level after your receive the feedback