this paper is just a plan and annotated bibliography. (ASSESSMENT 2)
in this u just have to plan.
this is a planning paper for the assessment 3 the final assessment.
I have decided to do my assignment on FEMINISM and EDUCATION. how female are not allowed to study or study more in certain countries like india or Africa etc etc…. what are the aspects behind this reasons. also what I am planning to do in the final assessment 3. what topics I am going to discuss in assessment 3.
we need to chose 8 article in feminism and education. and in those need t explain that why this article is related to this topic and this article is about.
please do not use google search.
what ever article you choses need to be academic not google search.
in this topic you have to chose types of feminism. as liberal feminism or radical feminism etc… can chose other type of feminism too. I am giving you an idea only.
Assessment Item 2. Essay outline and Annotated Bibliography 1000 words 20% Based on the theories and theorists covered in the unit you will select your topic for the final essay. The outline will provide an indicative focus of the essay including:
• An explanation of the essay topic – sentence form (can also include dot points but the clearer and more comprehensive your explanation the better). There will be an opportunity for general discussion of the requirements of the essay in the face-to-face workshops and to discuss the essay topics individually with the lecturer prior to the due date.
• A brief overview of the literature you will be using, incorporating an annotated bibliography of at least 8 books, book chapters and/or academic articles you have identified, via a data-base search (NOT INTERNET SEARCH), as relevant to your topic.
• An indication of the arguments you have identified as relevant to your theoretical topic.
The dot points set out above can be used as a way to organise your proposal.
The outline is a working document that will enable feedback on the direction you are planning and the work already undertaken for the essay. The more work you put into the essay proposal and reading the more useful the feedback you will get for your final essay. Essay outlines that are not well thought through and reflective of relevant reading are hard to give useful feedback on.
Before doing your Essay Outline make sure you have checked the requirements for the final essay – Assessment item 3.
if possible please use these links below.
article and topic about feminism.
Topic 3 Feminist theories REQUIRED READINGS Butler, J 2013. Precarity and performativity 1:4, Quasi Modo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZgzsVxgiIQ , accessed 8 February 2017.
Butler, Judith. 2011., Gender Trouble. [online]. Routledge. Available from: http://www.myilibrary.com?ID=344208 ; 7 February 2017. (You can also access the book at this site)
Crasnow, S, Wylie, A, Bauchspies, WK and Potter, E 2015. “Feminist Perspectives on Science”, in The Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy (Summer 2015 Edition), Edward N. Zalta (ed.), https://plato.stanford.edu/archives/sum2015/entries/feminist-science/ , accessed 7 Feb 2017.
Haraway, D 1991, Simians, cyborgs and women: the reinvention of nature, London: Free Association, London.
http://homepage.westmont.edu/hoeckley/readings/symposium/pdf/201_300/220.pdf (Ch 8 A Cyborg Manifesto: Science, Technology, and Socialist-Feminism in the Late Twentieth Century).
hooks, b.,1990, “marginality as a site of difference”, in R. Ferguson, M. Gever, T. T. Minhha, & C. West (eds.), Out There: Marginalisations and Contemporary Cultures, New York: The New Museum of Contemporary Art New York, 341-343.
Kimmel, MS, Hearn, J and Connell R (eds) 2005, Handbook of Studies on Men and Masculinities, SAGE Publications, Thousand Oaks, London, New Delhi, (browse).
Moraga, Ce and Anzaldúa, G 2001, This bridge called my back: writings by radical women of color, 3rd edn, Third Woman Press, Berkeley, CA (browse).
Moreton-Robinson, A 2000, ‘Duggaibah or ‘Place of Whiteness’: Australian feminists and race’, in J Docker & G Fischer (eds), Race, Colour and Identity in Australia and New Zealand, UNSW Press, Sydney, pp. 240-55.
Recommended texts Butler. J 2011. What does it mean to say gender is performative? Big Think, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo7o2LYATDc , accessed 7 Feb 2017.
Connell, R.W., 1987, Gender and Power: Society, the person, and sexual politics. Cambridge, UK: Polity Press.
Gane, N 2006, ‘When We Have Never Been Human, What Is to Be Done? Interview with Donna Haraway’, Theory, Culture & Society, vol. 23, no. 7/8, p. 135.
Haraway, DJ 2016, Manifestly Haraway, University of Minnesota Press, Minneapolis.
Hawkesworth, M and Disch, L 2015, The Oxford Handbook of Feminist Theory, Oxford University Press, Cary, USA (eBook) (browse).
Magaraggia, S., 2012, “Gender in theory and practice: an interview with Raewyn Connell”, Feminist Review, 102, 1, 11624.
Moreton-Robinson, A 2000, Talkin’ up to the White Woman: Aboriginal women and feminism, Queensland University Press, St Lucia, Queensland.
Potter, BC 2016. Books that matter: 25 years of Gender Trouble, https://clairepotter.com/2016/01/01/books-that-matter-twenty-five-years-of-gendertrouble/ , accessed 8 February 2017.
Scott, JW 1992, “Experience” in Joan W Scott & Judith Butler (eds) Feminists theorize the political Routledge, New York, pp
Threadgold, T, 2000, “Gender Studies and Women’s Studies”, Australian Feminist Studies, 15, 31 (March 1, 2000), 39-48.
Van der Tuin, Iris. 2011, ‘‘New feminist materialisms’’, Women’s Studies International Forum, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 271-7.
Walby, S., Armstrong, J. and Strid, S., 2012, “Intersectionality: Multiple inequalities in Social Theory”, Sociology, 2012 46, 2, 224-240.
Yuval-Davis, N 2006, ‘Intersectionality and Feminist Politics’, European Journal of Women’s Studies, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 193-209
this is a only ESSAY PROPASAL not whole essay.
you have to use dot points.
uidelines for Assessment Item 2 Essay proposal
First things first
• This assignment is designed to assist you with the final essay assignment as they are directly linked. It is expected that the proposal you put forward in Assignment 2 will be the basis for the essay you write in Assignment 3
• This is a learning process contributing to independent learning. That is, rather than being told what to write your essay on this is an opportunity to develop an essay topic focused around your interests within the constraints of the unit content. This can be difficult but at this level of study is an important learning process.
This assignment is 1000 words in total and includes the essay outline and the annotated bibliography. In structuring your assignment start with the annotated bibliography which I would expect to take up about 2/3 (666 words) of the word limit. I suggest you start with the annotated bibliography as it is the reading you do that determines what you are going to write your essay on and hence it sets the scene for the outline for the essay.
1. Annotated Bibliography
In order to do an outline for your essay topic you must do some reading in the area you have chosen to focus on for the essay. You will probably read more than 8 articles or book chapters; et cetera but the annotated bibliography only needs to include 8 items. As I have emphasised in class, the items you include in your annotated bibliography must be recognised academic articles not articles from Google searches with no recognised author or referencing. Search the library data bases and the library catalogue and google scholar for relevant articles and books. If you do not know how to do a data base search I would strongly advise you to book a session with a librarian at your closest campus library to learn about data base searches. It is an essential skill for PG study and very useful for research and for jobs requiring policy work, background documentation, and so on.
The form for the annotated bibliography is as follows:
• Title and reference details (as you would include in a reference list using a standard APA or Harvard referencing system) – NOT included in word count
• Brief description of the content – included in word count
• Relevance and usefulness to your proposed topic – included in word count
2. Essay outline
Your essay outline can be in dot points and short paragraphs. It needs to include sufficient details to enable feedback. As a guideline the outline section could include the following:
• a working title for the final essay – obviously this might change as you do further reading and feedback you get on your outline
• a clear explanation of the theories you will be exploring
• the context in which your discussion of theories will be undertaken
• some ideas about the arguments you think you’ll be developing in your final essay
3. Reference List
Include a reference list for all material used in the annotated bibliography and in the essay outline sections of the assignment. UWS Harvard is the preferred reference style. You need to be consistent in your style across the reference in the annotated bibliography section and the reference list.
this paper is just a plan and annotated bibliography. (ASSESSMENT 2)