Read the Harvard case study and answer the following questions
1) What are the most important general environment factors to be considered for the industry and the company and what is their effect (positive-negative-neutral)? What is your evidence for the importance of these factors?
2) What are the most important of the five industry forces affecting the industry and the company and what is their effect (high-moderate-low)? What is your evidence for the importance of these forces? Is the industry attractive for new entrants AND for incumbents? Why?
3) List two major strategic group competitor(s) and briefly predict the significant future action(s) of each competitor. What is your evidence for their importance?
4) What are the most important of the eight value chain areas for the company? What is your evidence for their importance? Are they superior, inferior or neutral vs. each of the two major competitors and why (be specific but concise)?
5) Discuss the most significant financial factor(s) (be specific, calculating and presenting the most important ratios in the profitability, leverage and/or activity areas compared to competitors and /or the industry) and non-financial (leadership, culture, ethics/social responsibility) factor(s) for the company? What is your evidence for their importance?
6) INTEGRATE the SWOT analysis to discuss how major strengths pursue opportunities and limit threats and how major weaknesses limit opportunities and enhance threats.
7) Using your analysis above, briefly state what you believe to be the company’s major core competencies (if any) and assess their ability to create a sustainable competitive advantage by explaining each of the VRIO criteria for each competency. Be sure to state the results of the VRIO analysis (i.e. competitive disadvantage, competitive parity, temporary competitive advantage or sustainable competitive advantage).
8) In light of your analysis above, what are the company’s current strategy types (i.e. type of business level, corporate level, alliance and international strategy the company is pursuing)? What is your evidence for your assessment? Do they fit with your analysis above? Why or why not?
9) Briefly, based on your above analysis, what are the firm’s main problems and what is your suggested solution(s)? Which 7S implementation factors are most important? Why?
10) Finally, based on your analysis, create two questions for our class discussion.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more