|Total Marks:||80 marks|
|Aims:||Demonstrate understanding of the impact of internal and external|
|environments on human resource management processes and the role|
|of human resource management in business planning for enhanced|
|Brief:||This assessment focuses on the internal and external environmental|
|factors that are likely to impact HRM processes in an organisation and|
|analyses the role of HRM in enhancing organisational performance by|
|identifying and resolving operational issues and challenges and|
|Writing a HR plan.|
The submission will be partly group research and partly individual report followed by an individual presentation.
|The written document must be typed in 12pt font Arial, 1.5 line|
|spacing and properly referenced using APA 6th edition format.|
|A final soft copy of all assignments must be submitted via “Turnitin|
Referencing: Required as per APA 6th edition referencing style
Northouse, P.G. (2015). Introduction to leadership: Concepts and practice (3rd ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
Standard of English for Level 5 Business Assessments:
- All student work that is submitted for assessment must meet the English requirements for Level 5 business writing.
- Any submitted assessment or part of an assessment that falls below the acceptable standard of the English requirements for Level 5 business writing will not be marked.
- If you have any questions regarding the English requirements for Level 5 business writing, please talk to your tutor.
- You must correctly reference all submitted assessments according to APA 6th ed. conventions for both in-text citations and in your reference list.
- You are required to reference because it is important to acknowledge the original source of other people’s ideas, research and opinions, as well as providing evidence of having undertaken independent research to support your own opinion/point of view/hypothesis/argument.
- Your tutor can provide further information and guidance on referencing and also direct you to referencing guides and resources.
- Wikipedia is not considered an acceptable source of reference.
- Plagiarism is where you use another person’s words, ideas, diagrams or other original creations without acknowledging or giving credit to that person.
- Any submitted assessment or part of an assessment which has plagiarised content will not be marked.
- All cases of plagiarism and/or cheating will be investigated and dealt with according to A08: Misconduct in Assessment Policy.
- If you have any questions regarding plagiarism, please talk to your tutor.
The learning outcomes associated with this assessment are:
LO3 Explain the impact of internal and external requirements on the implementation of human resource management processes in an organisation.
LO4 Identify the role of human resource management in business planning to enhance organisational performance.
Task 1(Group Task) (Word limit-1200) (Total 30 Marks)
You are required to select a New Zealand based medium to large size organisation (or) a global firm that operates in New Zealand and analyse the impact of external and internal environment on the implementation of human resource management processes in your selected organisation. by creating a poster.
- Description of your selected organisation must include the following:
(2 Marks each, Total 2 Marks)
- Organisation’s mission and/ or vision statement
- Products and/ or services
- Critically examine the effect of at least four external environment on the HRM processes of your selected business Organization. (2 Marks each, a total of 8 Marks)
- Critically examine the effect of at least four internal environment on the HRM processes of your selected business. (2 Marks each, a total of 8 Marks)
- Identify any 2 differences of your selected organizations Internal (or) External environment. (You are required compare the HRM process and its operational differences between New Zealand and any other country that your selected Organisation operates in) (1 Mark each, a total of 2 marks)
- You are required to present a poster based on your selected organisation and written assessment of question a, b and c. (Total of 10 marks)