Each of these reflection essays should focus on the questions and concepts listed, while adhering to proper writing mechanics and APA formatting standards. Each essay should be approximately three to five pages long.
Class Meeting 6: Reflection Essay paper (Please note you will need to read the Strengths-Based Leadership book to complete this assignment.)
1. “What great leaders have in common is that each truly knows his or her strengths…” (Rath & Conchie, 2008). List your top five strengths as determined by the StrengthsFinder 2.0.
Do you agree with this assessment? Why or why not? For example, which of the five describes you best? Is there one that surprised you? Are you currently in a job that utilizes your strengths? Explain.
[maxbutton id=”1″ ]
2. Re-read the section of Strengths-Based Leadership that addresses the four basic needs of followers. Evaluate yourself on how well you provide each of these to your followers (even better, also ask an employee or a co-worker to evaluate you). Which come easily to you and which do you need to improve on in order to meet your followers’ needs? Practically speaking, how can you do this?
3. In the Additional Resources section of the book, strategies for leading in a way that meets followers’ four basic needs are presented. (Note: You only need to read the pages that address your top five strengths.)
Do any of these suggestions resonate with you? Which strategies do you believe would make the biggest impact if you implemented them at work?
4. According to Rath and Conchie, how are team members typically selected? Why is this problematic? What do leaders need to understand to build an effective team?
Use the chart on page 24 (How the 34 themes sort into the four domains of leadership strength) to identify what you bring to a team. For example, do your strengths fall primarily into one category or are they spread out over several?
Are you actively and consistently using your strengths on your team? Explain. Is your team balanced (i.e., are all four domains covered or are everyone’s strengths in the same one or two categories)? Discuss. Remember, individuals don’t need to be well-rounded, but teams do.
Written Communication Guidelines
• Effective written communications is a key component of this course. Present your work in a fashion that you would be proud of if it were to be read by the head of your organization.
• The expectation is that each of you is aware of the computer software’s capability regarding spell check, grammar check, and formatting. The instructor reserves the right to take off points for unclear wording, grammatical errors, and misspellings.
• For the body of a paper, use a 12-point Times New Roman font and single-spacing (with doubles pacing between paragraphs).
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more