Assignment 3: Group Research Project
The purpose of the research project is to apply the marketing metrics (tools) that have been discuss during the semester. To be more precise, it is:
- To understand the effectiveness of marketing analytics tools.
- To apply the marketing analytics tools in real life business environment.
- To know the data input required for these marketing metrics.
- To understand how to use the output (i.e., result) in appropriate business decisions.
- The project total worth 20 percent. (10 +10)
- The report worth 10 percent, which will be on a group basis.
- The project presentation worth 10 percent, which will be on an individual basis.
- It is a group project.
- The due date of the report and the presentation slides is in week 8 class.
- The presentations will be done on week 9.
- Upload the report to Moodle before the due date and submit the copy to article through the email.
- You do not need to upload the presentation slides to the Moodle.
- There is a penalty of 10% for late submission.
- Check for spelling and grammar before submission
- Identify a local company doing business in UAE
- Describe the company business strategies, and marketing actions the firm has taken to support the company’s business strategy. (e.g., marketing research, new product development, brand development strategy, promotion strategies, distribution and price strategy)
- Identify 10 business matrices that the company uses to measure the performance of the company. Consider the following information for each metrics.
- Explain the concept behind the metrics
- Why is it important to measure the concept?
- How to measure the concept (the metrics)?
- Example of calculation of the metrics.
- The business implications of the metrics.
- What is the source of data for each metrics in the portfolio of the metrics?
Formatting and submission guidelines
- There is no word limit of the report
- Font size: 12; Font type:
- Times New Roman
- Line space: One and a half
- Page margin: 1 inch from all four side
|Report Evaluation criteria|
|Criteria||Marks allocated||Marks obtain|
|Introduction of the company and situation analysis||0.5|
|Describe the company business strategies, and marketing actions the firm has taken to support the company’s business strategy.||1|
|Identify 10 marketing metrics that the company uses to measure the performance of the company.||8|
|Conclusion, Appendix, References||0.5|
|Presentation Evaluation criteria|
|Interactivity: the presentation should be interactive; the presenter should encourage the audience to ask questions.||2|
|Synthesis: How the presentation is integrated with a common theme (10 metrics) and presented in a logical order among the group members.||2|
|Eye contact (do not read from the notes)||2|
|Voice quality (loud enough to reach all the audience)and gesture/posture||2|