Instructions – Optional Extra Credit
History 121 Online
Select any book listed in the “Suggested Reading” section in the back of the Give Me Liberty! textbook
and write a book review (500-words minimum) of that book. Only the books listed in the “Suggested
Reading” section are permitted for this assignment; many are available at the college library, your
neighborhood library, and most retail booksellers.
See the writing guide titled “Book Reviews” for a full explination of how to write an academic book
review. Your writing will be held to college-level standards, so be sure to edit and proofread your work
often. This assignment is due by the end of the final day of class.
• WARNING: Proper citations are required at all times. Any and all uses of a source without
proper citation may be considered plagiarism, and will result in severe penalties!
• You are limited to scholarly sources only for this assignment. Popular sources, whether in print
or online, may not to be used for this assignment without my express written permission.
Please contact the campus library for assistance locating and accessing scholarly sources.
• You must follow either MLA or Chicago style for this assignment. If you need assistance with
this, contact the campus library to obtain a MLA style manual or a Chicago style manual.
Submitting your work:
Students must submit their work via the Canvas course website. Navigate to the Canvas course
website, find the section labled “Submit Papers,” and open the link for this assignment. Follow the
directions provided to upload and submit your finished work to the Canvas system.
• If you need any assistance with Canvas, please contact the SCC Online Learning Help office.
This assignment is worth 5 total course points, and will be graded as follows:
Total Work (5 course points possible)
◦ Some issues to be considered: Does the paper fulfill all the expectations of a book review?
Does the review have a clear and strong thesis about the book? Does it present a wellreasoned
argument, supported by valid evidence? Are proper citations provided? Does
the writing follow either MLA-style or Chicago-style? Is this a good example of collegelevel
• Exceptional work = 5 to 4.7 course points awarded
• Good work = 4.6 to 3.5 points awarded
• Poor work = 3.4 to 2.5 points awarded
• Incomplete / No work = 2.4 to 0 points awarded
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more