Personal Statement: Please type your replies, double-spaced, in three pages. This is one of the most important parts of your admission application. It is your opportunity to share with the Admissions Committee information about yourself that we will use to evaluate your appropriateness for the program and the profession.
Before submission, please make sure to highlight significant work or volunteer experience that will demonstrate your commitment to the field of social work. In addition, please make sure that your Statement of Purpose is carefully edited as we do consider spelling, grammar and writing style. Remember, each of these questions is scored individually, along with your writing skills, so please answer to the best of your ability.
1. Give specific examples how your past experiences and academic achievements have led you to choose social work as a profession.
2. The social work profession is guided by the NASW code of ethics: https://www.socialworkers.org/About/Ethics/Code-of-Ethics/Code-of-Ethics-English
This code includes working with diverse populations and clients/communities whose values and beliefs may be different from yours. Discuss how your personal values and beliefs are or are not compatible with this professional standard.
How will you reconcile any conflicts between your personal values and the requirement of the profession?
3. Describe an ethical dilemma (Ethical dilemmas, also known as a moral dilemma, are situations in which there is a choice to be made between two options, neither of which resolves the situation in an ethically acceptable fashion) that you have faced in your life. How was it resolved?
Petition for Exceptional Consideration:
To be completed ONLY by the applicant whose Undergraduate GPA is below 3.0
Native American and Americans
An applicant who believes that her or his individual circumstances warrant exceptional consideration for a waiver of the minimum university admissions requirement of an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 must petition the MSW admissions committee.
The request should be a one page statement entitled “Petition for Exceptional Consideration”. The petition should include a statement indicating how not meeting the minimum admissions requirement of a 3.0 GPA should be waived, as it does not adequately represent the applicant’s capabilities.
The applicant should briefly discus how he or she has indeed demonstrated a capacity for successful achievement in a rigorous graduate program. For example, an applicant might provide evidence of:
1. Superior grades during the final semester(s) of work prior to graduation indicating a trend toward improved performance;
2. Subsequent to receipt of the undergraduate degree, an applicant might demonstrate competence through achievement in another graduate program;
Federalism and American History
3. Outstanding work experience in human services (volunteer or paid).
The applicant should also discuss how, if granted admission to the program, she or he plans to address potential obstacles to successfully completing the program (for example, if a low grade point average was viewed as the result of a “needing to work full time during my undergraduate studies” the applicant should discuss why that is not likely to be a factor during her or his graduate study).
Petitions must be submitted as part of the required Personal Statement
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more