Objective: NUR.C109.O1 Public Health Nursing Roles: Provides a foundation for developing the role of the nurse in public health promotion and disease prevention strategies for diverse populations within the context of a global society. Introduction: This essay will allow you to demonstrate your knowledge in the key elements of the Global Health, Policy, and Influences on Healthcare Delivery including global health and non-communicable disease and the economics of healthcare delivery and public health policy through the creation of the final parts of the Community Health Assessment Prevention Project of a PowerPoint presentation and brochure.
Deliverables: The essay for this lesson is a 10-slide minimum PowerPoint presentation with associated speaker’s notes, and a teaching brochure or hand out to accompany the presentation which clearly demonstrates your understanding of the activity. Essays should have a clear introduction, thesis statement, and conclusion, written in APA format (APAstyle.org). Activity Details: Step 1: Prepare for Assignment. From your work in Community Health Assessment Part 1:
• Identify one priority problem/need with rationale for your community (connect the dots between the community assessment and the priority problem/need). • Identify the primary intervention you have developed. The intervention must be evidence-based and supported by community data assessment and analysis. It must also be specific and feasible. Develop one desired long term goal and one short term, measurable objective for the project. (You may use a Healthy People 2020 goal and objective. (If so, please list both the number and title of the goal and objective you choose—and include the source citation).
• For example: Goal: Increase immunization rates and reduce preventable infectious diseases. Objective: IID-12.5 – Increase the percentage of noninstitutionalized adults aged 18 to 64 years who are vaccinated annually against seasonal influenza. From the list of available community resources, you developed for the Community Assessment Essay Project Part 1 from Lesson 2, choose and contact a community organization that is involved with your target population to discuss your ideas for implementation of your chosen primary intervention. (Note: You may have already done this in Part 1, and if so, please reconnect and reconfirm with your community organization/contact person.)
• Explain why this project would improve health in the community, the relevance to the agency’s target population and the sustainability of the intervention. An understanding of agency values, mission and population focus is important. Identify an agency organization at the beginning of the process to allow adequate time for completing and presenting the final project and product. Develop a short health promotion or health protection program and materials to support the intervention. • Have your program approved by your identified community agency contact person. • You will not implement the actual project for the target population, but can present the project and materials to this contact person although this is not a requirement for this essay assignment.
• Sustainability of the intervention project should be a consideration. Reproducible materials, teaching plans, computer assisted programs and resource directories are several examples of sustainable interventions. Step 2: Create a PowerPoint Presentation. Create a PowerPoint presentation with a minimum of 10 slides of content addressing the following: 1. Introduction and Background – a Brief description of the community and primary prevention problem identified. Include the title of the project. Be sure the description and problem are supported by community data
2. Project Goals – One long term goal and one short-term, measureable goal are required. Each should be clear, evidence and measurable. Discuss the feasibility and sustainability of the intervention project that should also be clearly explained and evident. 3.
Justification/Rationale for the Project – Write/describe a rationale/justification for selecting the primary intervention project (connect the dots between the community assessment from Lesson 2 and the priority problem/need). Rationale should include community data form Part I of the Community Assessment Essay assignment for Lesson 2. Address any health or social policy or socioeconomic/economic influences on the project, community need, or ability to address the problem and goals.
4. Potential Impact on Community Health – How it is expected that this project would improve the health of the community (expected benefits to the population, and agency if relevant). Also reflect on if this could be implemented in a global setting or only specific to this particular community. Add one sentence stating how it could be expanded globally if it is community-specific only. 5. Intervention Project Plan Components – The plan should include the following items: a. Name of chosen agency or organization, your contact person, identify existing resources available at the agency such as programs, funding, support, etc. Include any resources available in the community and any additional items or resources you would require in order to implement this project. Consider and evaluate the issues and effectiveness of your partnership with this agency for your project. b. Describe the nursing actions used to complete the project. The process is a typical nursing process from assessment to analysis to intervention.
c. Description of materials developed and how the materials will be used. d. Document evidence from evidence based practice, nursing research, public health theory, and community assessment data that makes a case for the effectiveness of the intervention. e. Literature evidence to support the intervention specific to the chosen population and methods. f. Appropriate evaluation measures in the form of one long term goal and one short-term measurable goal. 6. Agency Benefits – Benefits to your chosen agency and how the agency could utilize the intervention project. 7. Recommendations – Realistic recommendations for the implementation of the project by the chosen agency. Consider the following items: a. Include existing resources and materials needed and the method of implementation b. New programs and resources that would be necessary for the intervention process
c. Existing agency and community resources that could be utilized as a component of the intervention process and any improvement you would make to facilitate the agency partnership and project implementation. Step 3: Create Speaker’s Notes. • Include speaker’s notes (or presentation notes) that you would use if you were actually giving this presentation to your chosen agency or to your instructor. • These notes can be on the notes pages accompanying the slides or in a separate Word document submitted with the presentation. Step 4: Create a Teaching Project Brochure or Handout. Develop a short health promotion or health protection program brochure or handout materials to support the intervention described in the PowerPoint presentation. • Have your program approved by your identified community agency contact person. • Sustainability of the intervention project should be a consideration. Reproducible materials, teaching plans, computer assisted programs and resource directories are several examples of sustainable interventions. • Review the examples provided of teaching brochures. Be creative! The brochure or hand out should be at least 2 pages in length (can be a two-sided brochure or handout). Step 5: Review Writing and Formatting Guidelines.
• Use correct APA format and an appropriate-sized font per slide and brochure or handout materials. Use a size of font that fits on the pages and slides and is easily legible • A cover slide with the assignment title, lesson, and your name is required for the PowerPoint presentation. The title of your Community Assessment Prevention Project and your name and contact information should be on the first part of the brochure or handout materials
• Correct spelling, grammar, sentence structure, and verb tense is expected. • The slide number (e.g., at least 10 slides of content) criteria is for content only (excludes cover slide and references). • Include a minimum of four references with associated in-text citations to support the statements made. • Associated presentation or speaker’s notes are required per slide to enhance the content presented.
Save and submit your assignment. When you have completed the assignment, save a copy for yourself in an easily accessible location and submit a copy to your instructor below using the Submit Paper link. citations and resources for this essay Stanhope, M., & Lancaster, J. (2012). Public health nursing: Population-centered health care in the community (8th ed.). Philadelphia: Mosby. -ch 4, 5, 8, 30 https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/ explore website for an index of disease risk i have also attached the essay from lesson 2
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more