ACO, IG, and strategic planning assignment
-Implement a departmental strategic plan
-Identify the different types of organizations, services, and personnel and their interrelationships across the healthcare delivery system
-Collaborate in the development and implementation of information governance initiatives
-Facilitate the use of enterprise-wide information assets to support organizational strategies and objectives
-Apply general principles of management in the administration of health information services and how to write a summary essay.
1. Identify the characteristics of an accountable care organization (ACO).
2. Explore the relationship of information governance (IG) to ACOs.
3. Which organizational stakeholders would you recommend be on the IG team/council?
4. As HIM Director, you are revising your HIM department’s strategic plan to include IG and ACOs. What goals would you include for those strategies?
5. Explain how the use of registries can facilitate an accountable care organization’s strategies.
6. AS HIM director, you have decided to bring the release of information services back in-house. For the last two years, you have outsourced that work, but continual complaints and an increasing backlog have made a change necessary.
• While writing your essay, List the managerial functions that will be necessary as you tackle this process and select at least one tool that will be used in each function. Be sure to justify the selection of the tool.
1. We saw that the U.S. Department of Labor’s National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) accused Starbucks of breaking the law in trying to prevent workers in some of its New York shops from unionizing. Use sites such as
http://www.shrm.org/legalissues/federalresources/pages/starbucksmaylimitnumber.aspx to explain how the suit finally ended up.
Criteria Ratings Pts
Content is organized in a format that clearly
answers the questions asked
Partially answers the
Does not answer the
At least 2 paragraphs (5 sentences in each
paragraph), Complete sentences used
throughout the paragraphs, Contains no
1-2 Paragraphs (less
than 5 sentences)
up to 2
Less than 1 paragraph
(less than 5 sentences),
more than 2
Examples are provided in support of
answering the questions
Uses one example to
answer the questions
No examples used to
answer the questions